Spring roll wrappers
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/3 head of green cabbage, chopped
5 green onions, chopped
1 cup thin noodles, pre-cooked (use rice, Chinese or bean thread noodles)
1/4 cup fresh herbs (use cilantro, basil or mint, your choice)
1/4 cup carrots, grated or julienned
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated (optional)
Vegetable oil for frying
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp corn starch
2 tbsp rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed
2 tbsp sugar
1. Combine all ingredients in small saucepan.
2. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, stirring, until sugar dissolves and corn starch is well mixed.
3. Set aside.
1. Toss all ingredients together except wrappers in large bowl.
2. Submerge wrappers in hot water until pliable, about 15 seconds.
3. Place about 2 tablespoons of mix on wrapper and wrap your spring rolls
4. Deep-fry. Remove excess oil.
5. Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!