4 cups spinach leaves
2 cups water
1 onion chopped
1 cup milk
2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash the spinach leaves and discard the thick stems.
2. Boil along with the water for 8 minutes or until the spinach is well cooked. Cool and puree in a blender. Keep aside.
3. Heat the butter in a pan. Add the chopped onions and saute on medium heat for 3 minutes or until the onions are transparent.
4. Add the plain flour and fry briefly on low heat.
5. Add now the spinach puree, milk, salt and pepper. Simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.
6. Add the fresh cream just before serving.
7. Best served hot and with cheese crackers.