2 whole cooked Crabs
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
2 tbsp hot chili paste
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp tamarind paste
3 tbsp peanut oil
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 small fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red hot chili pepper, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
1. Remove the gray gills and the soft insides of the crabs and remove the legs and set aside.
2. In a bowl mix the ketchup, chili paste, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and tamarind paste; thin it with 1/4 cup water and set aside.
3. Pour the oil into a wok or large skillet over high heat.
4. Add the scallion, ginger, garlic, 1/2 the chili pepper, and cilantro and cook for 1 minute.
5. Add the crab and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Pour in the sauce and continue cooking, stirring often, until the crab has absorbed the sauce and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Put in a platter and garnish with the remaining cilantro leaves and chili.
7. Best served with steamed rice!